Eat Through the Menu

 

HERE IS ANOTHER POST MATT WROTE BUT DID NOT PUBLISH BEFORE HE WENT

HOME TO BE WITH THE LORD...


For weeks, I have been in the hospital overcoming pneumonia and a collapsed lung that had fluid

around it. During my time in the hospital, I got tired of straight menu food so I started to create some

different meals using the menus. I was tired of the same old foods, so my creativity to make different

meals or desserts kicked in. 


DESSERT


At first, my favorite dessert to create was using the peach cobbler with one of the vanilla ice cream

cups. After a while, I decided to break a few chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin cookies into a bowl with

a serving of vanilla ice cream.  At other times, I used apple cinnamon or blueberry muffins, broke

them apart, and added vanilla ice cream to it. Lastly, some days I enjoyed a vanilla pudding cup with 2

cookies in it.


LUNCH OR DINNER


Again, after eating through the menu I got tired of menu food and wanted more variety so I would add

chicken tenders, broken up into spaghetti with meat sauce. It made Chicken Parmesan. Sometimes, I

asked if I could order off the breakfast side of the menu, which helped me add eggs or bacon to other

meals. 


My Thot: You don’t have to stick to the menu alone. Be creative. Use your brain and think of flavor

combinations or foods you like to eat. I am very regimented when it comes to eating, but sometimes

you gotta be creative and out of the box with your thinking. Stay on your meal plan, but you don’t have

to sacrifice taste just because of the menu. 


Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox. 


Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the Kings Brew at the soul café.

Comments