Get The "How” Out 


Editor's Note: Today, it's been 6 months since Matt went home to be with the Lord. I miss him, but I'm happy that he's not in pain, he's got that new body, he's with Jesus, and he's waiting on me. When he passed, I promised him I wouldn't let his story go untold. So far I've shared a little, but there's so much more to come. Today, I'm posting one of the last blogs he wrote, but never published. Here it is:


As time goes by we want to know how life is going to workout. I can’t answer this for you. I only know that I used to always ask God the basic questions like how, when, why, and where. I can tell you I would get so frustrated because I wanted to know. I am very inquisitive and feel like I should know. But what I found out is that I don’t always need to know. 


WALK BY FAITH NOT BY SIGHT


Scripture tells us to “walk by faith not by sight.” 

2 Cor 5:7


There are so many days this is difficult for me, even though I have been a Christ follower since I was a kid. I have had so many questions over the years and wanted life’s hard answers. What vehicle to buy? What college or trade school should I go to? Who should I date or marry? 


GET THE HOW OUT OF IT. 


Years ago a friend told me I need to stop asking all theses questions and just let God bring things about in His way and in His timing. They were right. I have a tendency, as an artist and a creative person, to want my hands involved in every aspect. However, once I let go and took the questioning out of the equation things happened far more rapid than I could have imaged. 


My Thot: Slow down, don’t always be in a rush. Things work best in God’s timing. Marriage, weight loss, going to college or buying that new vehicle. Just stand back. Sure, collect material or information but let God bring it about. After all, in Him you will find your most BEST days and BLESSED days still ahead of you. 


Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox. 


Until next time, grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew at the Soul Café

Comments