R.I.P. Matthew Hylton

Dear Visitors and Subscribers, 

Following Matt's last post, in 2019, we found out that he actually had Non-Hodgkin's Large Diffuse B-Cell Lymphoma. After a 2 year health battle with multiple illnesses, the cancer returned and on February 16, 2021, he went home to be with the Lord. Below Matt's picture is a post from Facebook that I (his wife, Sarah) posted on the 17th of February 2021. 

Before he left, I told Matt that I would not let his story go untold. There is so much Matt still had to say; in fact, there are still posts he wrote that are unpublished. Therefore, my plan is to carry on his website with his own writings, as well as various encouraging and inspiring stories from his life. 

       Matt Update (2/17/21): Matt finished his earthly journey at approximately 9:30pm last night. He started a new, glorious, healthy, pain-free life! He no longer suffers from excess skin from his weight loss, nor excess fluid from unknown causes, nor any cancer! He IS now cancer free! And he is assuredly with the Lord.

On 2/15/21, he told me he saw an angel and that he had to go. He didn't go right away though. He lingered and talked with me. We reminisced about our love story and he even sang me a line from a love song he used to sing to me. Amazingly, I didn't have any trouble understanding him, even though his speech was still slurred. His eyes were mostly closed as he lingered in total for about 2 hours. The angel and "they" (whoever "they" were) finally urged him that he needed to come on. I asked him if it was scary and he said no. Finally, he fell into a comfortable sleep, still living at approx. 11:50pm.

Then, while he was still in comfortable sleep, on 2/16/21, his mother, sister, my mother, Jason, Caleb, and our pastor was able to say goodbye to him. He was able to respond in various ways to almost everyone. He was even able to say "amen" to something Pastor said to him! He waited to depart until all were gone and I had laid down on the couch beside his hospital bed in our home. I fell asleep and a few minutes later I woke up and saw that he was completely freed from this life. And I know he's waiting for me on the other side. AMEN.

Comments