VULTURES


I have been jamming out to the "John Mayer Trio" EP on my Amazon music account lately. One day as I had my cup of black coffee on the way to the gym to swim, I was reminded of the song “Vultures” and it’s lyrics. It reminded me of a promise God has given to us. What a great song! I like the line that says, “I’ll walk through the fire, if this is what it takes to take me even higher, then I’ll come through like I do when the world keeps testing me…” Scripture tells us that we don’t need to be afraid because God is with us. Isaiah 43:1-3

“… don't be afraid. I have rescued you. I have called you by name; now you belong to me. When you cross deep rivers, I will be with you, and you won't drown. When you walk through fire, you won't be burned or scorched by the flames. I am the LORD, your God…”

We know that people are watching us every day to see if we are going to succeed or fail, and I am sure you/me/we are being looked at with a microscope. A great quote from the "Knight's Tale" movie says, “You (we) have been measured, weighed, and been found wanting.” It seems our society, social media, and YES, even some in our local churches are always looking for the negative and they like to prey on our weak areas or what they consider to be a weakness. This is Sad! Sometimes because you're different or have morals, values, and spiritual convictions, “those who haven't been illuminated” seem to be very judgmental. They don't understand that there are absolute truths and non-negotiables to things.

My Thot: look out and be on alert! There are real-life vultures; people who are wanting to crush, kill your dreams, desires, and destinies. Yes, some may even be good Christian brothers and sisters. Sure, you will go through Fire, Deep Waters, but keep your eyes on God. He is the One Who saves and He is the One Who brings you through. I leave you today with a YouTube link for the song Vultures performed by John Mayer. Enjoy! Comment below and don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Café.


Comments