T.C.P.R. LIFE


Normally, when I swim I tend to use the time to pray, worship, think things through, or plan stuff out. I tend to get in a “zone” and I love the alone time. It’s just God, my thoughts, and myself in the swimming pool. One time, I took the time to ask what I considered to be a hard question and I really wanted an answer. I was going through a time where I was seeing things change for the better in almost every area except one, at least I thought. The area that seemed to be stagnant was the area of relationship with a woman.  Sure, I had seen great success in my health due to the weight loss, spiritual renewal had taken place, and great strides had been made toward becoming financially established again since my ex kicked me out of the house after her indiscretion. But I was lonely and wanted to be married again. I tried online dating websites and can tell you that those were a complete waste of time for me. I was already healed and no longer broken and these sites were full of broken people. I just wanted to be with someone who didn’t need fixing. I wanted to be with a woman whom God’s hand was on and who was perfect for me. I said, “God, how can I trust You?” Whoa, I know you can't believe I would ask God this but I did.  Below is a combination of the four things I learned that day in the pool, things that have become part of my life. 

How Can I Trust You God?

I heard in my spirit, as clearly as a song would play on my radio: DO YOU TRUST YOUR MOM? As I gasped, I said, Uh, um... YES. "WHY?" 'cause she has never failed me. She’s always been there for me when I needed her. She spends time with me and I sp..en..d time with her.  Du’h I said!  "I get it now because I spend time with her.” BUT wait! like the TV infomercials state, "There's more!..."

 Trust + Confidence + Peace + Rest = Life 

T = Trust: is developed by spending time with God. Spend time praying, reading the scriptures, and meditating on what you read.  Also, be quiet, just listen, and don't ask for anything.  

C = Confidence: is developed through experiences and time spent trusting God. Like any relationship, confidence is a by-product of learning to trust the other person. 

P = Peace: This is the peace the Apostle Paul talks about in Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” In other words, no matter what is happening in your life God is speaking calmness over your heart and mind.  Others will not understand why you are calm or have peace in all that is going on. 

R = Rest: is a byproduct of peace, confidence, and trusting God that He has everything under control. You may not see what is happening under the surface, but you can rest knowing that God has everything working out for you as you are learning to TRUST THE PROCESS in Him.

My Thot: I know first hand that trust is a hard thing to get back once it has been broken, shattered, or destroyed, but I also know from LIFE EXPERIENCE that God will not break trust in your life.  He really does have an amazing plan for you/me/us and you can confidently learn this T.C.P.R. way of life as I did.  Comment below and SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox. 

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.


Comments