NO CARB PIZZA




I LOVE PIZZA!! I can’t help myself, at times, because all I crave and all I want is a warm, gooey, melt in your mouth, golden brown slice of heaven. I have been a pizza connoisseur for years. I can tell you the about the best kind of pizza and the best place to buy pizza, but there’s nothing like making your own homemade pizza. Over the course of 20+ years, I have perfected the making of my own pizza dough using my breadmaker and quality ingredients. I have also found a way to create not a slice of New York or Chicago deep-dish style pizza, but a homemade keto friendly pizza with a low to no carb twist. From my own kitchen, I created something that could fit my low-carb, high-protein nutrition plan because that is always the first thing on my mind when I create a new recipe.

The Crust

I'd heard of cauliflower crust and crust made from mozzarella cheese, but I wanted a true blue non-carb pizza crust made from ground chicken, & spices for taste. So, I ended up creating a recipe in which I take a pound of ground chicken and spread it out on a lined 14” - 16” pizza pan and bake it at 400° for 20 minutes.* Then I take it out, flip it over, and bake it again for an additional 20 minutes. I like the crust very crisp and not soggy. *Over the years, I've lined the pan with either foil or parchment paper but parchment seems to work best.

The Sauce & Toppings

This is where I get to be very creative - and so can you if you choose to use this recipe. You can top this protein bomb of a pizza anyway you choose. I personally use real bacon bits, mozzarella cheese, and Don Pepino pizza sauce.


The sauce is a childhood favorite of mine. I am very partial to it. However, any sauce can be made to taste good with spices. Garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper are just a few spices I like to use. Add your sauce and toppings onto your pizza and then bake. Baking times will vary depending on how you like your cheese melted. I prefer a “melted to a golden brown” look. It usually takes 15-20 minutes in a 400° oven. The last step is to remove it from the oven, let it cool a bit, and then - enjoy! This recipe serves about 2-4 people.

My Thot: don’t be afraid to try new things, recipes, spices, toppings, etc. Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.


Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.
 

Comments