IT HURTS ME TOO


With a cup of coffee in hand, I began to reflect on my past. I realized that if I didn't go through my "THEN" I would not be here at my "NOW." I thought about all the decisions that had to be made to change my health, marriage, family, and ministry. A lesson gleaned from that time of change was the fact that when I was hurting, others were hurting with me. My close family, friends, church, and even social network friends had been hurting for me when I was down in a waste place of my life - thinking that my life was over. At that time in my life, I did not share much verbally, or post things to Twitter or Facebook, like I was very accustomed to doing. But then, I noticed that when I was trying to figure stuff out on my own I was getting nowhere. A very good friend of mine reminded me that our plans fail for lack of advisors. In other words, I needed to open up and share what was going on with me, to those closest to me, who really loved me. Once I opened up to my closest loved ones, friends, and God then I was able to begin my journey toward wholeness. A passage that spoke to me during this time of transition and change was 1 Corinthians 12:26

“If one part of the body suffers, all the other parts suffer with it. Or if one part of our body is honored, all the other parts share its honor.” 

In other words, if we hurt, others share in our hurt - like our family and friends; likewise, if we rejoice, others rejoice with us.

My Thot: is if you are going through issues in your life where you hurt - Please, Please, Please don’t pull away and clam up. Find counsel that you can trust and begin the process of going through your healing and being restored. Trust me, there are others who understand what you're going through. Remember, God is with you and will be with you through this time. God has placed others in your life with whom you can share. You are not alone in this time! Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.


Until next time get your FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.








Comments