EVERYDAY PEOPLE PACKAGES



I like getting packages. When ordering something, I track that package feverishly until it arrives at my doorstep. I am like a hunting dog - sniffing, watching and waiting for the UPS, FedEx, or USPS truck to show up. When the package gets here, I am super excited and look forward to opening it! Recently, I ordered a few months supply of protein powder and BCAA’s from muscleandstrength.com. I can tell you, I tracked that package from the day it left their fulfillment center until it made it to my front door. When my package came, I took liberal care to open the box. Then I arranged it for an Instagram picture and posted the contents of my order because I wanted to share it my followers and encourage them to check out “Muscle & Strength” for good deals on supplements.





I am reminded that we are everyday people packages. We come in different sizes, shapes, colors, and varieties; yet, God is not a respecter of people. After all, He created all of us in His image, and all of us were created to worship and fellowship with Him.


“So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:27‬

While there are so many types of supplements, they are just that - “a supplement” or “second option” to whole foods. If I am unable to get a solid meal in or if I am in a hurry, which happens from time to time, I like to use protein powder. Sometimes, first thing in the morning, I use it as my pre-swim cardio shake while driving to the pool. Other days, I have a shake and quick carb after a lifting session in the gym. One of the many things I enjoy about supplements are the different flavors and different brands. Once I find a brand that meets my nutrition plan requirements and my budget, I like to stick to that brand. I become very loyal and use the products in everything from cooking to drinking and I love the results that I get from using a beloved brand. However, I get 90% of my nutrition through whole food sources.

Jesus is not a supplement or a second choice. He is our only choice of “TRUE LIFE” nourishment. Scripture tells us:

 “... taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!”
Psalm 34:8

Jesus said, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:35‬

“He who believes in Me, … out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 
‭John‬ ‭7:38‬

Jesus is our true life source for ALL things, not just in the area of spiritual food as many people would have you believe. I know first hand that we all have issues, circumstances, pressures in life and Jesus should be our first go-to, not our second choice.

My Thot: is no matter what your race, ethnicity, financial standing, or if you are male or female, the point is you are unique in God’s eyes. You/Me/We are special to Him and we are His workmanship created in His very image. He is our “TRUE LIFE” source. And I know because God took this mess of a man who lost everything and restored, changed, and transformed him to daily becoming a trophy of His amazing grace! If He can do it in me, He will do it in you. Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.



Comments