COMATOSE NO MORE


For years, I walked around like I was comatose. I was out of the loop when it came to life and health. Then as I started my journey to life and health I was awakened to a NEW world full of possibilities. There was so much I wanted to do with this new life, this real life, this TRUE LIFE. I could see myself getting healthy and no longer struggling with obesity. I could have a better life than I would've ever imagined. That old fat guy was dying and a NEW MATTMAN was rising. I wasn’t confused about life, nor was I held back by my own limitations or ignorances. The chains were removed and the lock of my heart was broken. I no longer had blinders on my eyes. The blinders on my eyes were lifted.  I finally saw the truth, I saw how “many” including myself have been in a comatose state.

What Do I Mean?

According to Kidshealth.com, being in a comatose state is being alive while the brain is functioning at its lowest stage of alertness. Sounds like me, WELL AT LEAST IN MY ARROGANCE. I was super morbidly obese at a whopping 625 lbs. I was on high blood pressure meds including a beta-blocker, blood thinner, fluid pill, and even Metformin - even though I was not diabetic. Sure I heard people (family, friends, doctors) telling me I needed to do something about my health.  I chose not to hear them. I did what I wanted and wound up hurting myself and destroying everything in my life that I was supposed to care about. 

My Story

I did lose everything near and dear to my heart - a wife, family, friends, and a job. I also resigned my church to save my marriage, but she still wound up divorcing me because she no longer loved me. She had an indiscretion a month before I resigned the church. So, on top of my health being out of control, my heart was absolutely broken. Then almost two months after being kicked out of the house and moving back to Glen Burnie, MD in a basement apartment in my mother's house, I had the life-changing, life-altering, comatose awakening that was needed.  

On January 5, 2012, I was reading the Bible when my aha-moment of sudden insight or discovery occurred. In John 5:1-9 and vs 6, Jesus asked the man at the pool “Do you want to be made well?”  YES! I shouted when I read this. Then I said, “I don't just want to be made well, I want to Live and then help others live too!” I remember lifting my hands in surrender and praying for God to restore me and bring change, transformation to my life. In essence, I was asking Him to awaken me from the comatose state that I’d been living in

My Thot: WAKE UP!!! Let this be your wake up call. Arise from your comatose state. Please don't wait until you lose everything, as I did, before asking God to change, transform, or heal you. Ask Him today. If God can do it in me, He can do it in you. Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox. 

Until next time, grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe


Comments