YOU’RE ETERNAL


The other day I saw the pilot episode of Highlander the TV Series. The episode was called, “The Gathering.” I remember that I use to be so hooked on this series growing up. From its original airdate, I was a hook-line-sinker for me 'cause I was a big fan. I grew my hair out, pulled it back into a ponytail, and took a hair band and bolo tie jewelry piece to make my own hair tie like Duncan MacLeod’s.


I never had the trench coat, but I did have the dragon-headed “Katana” samurai sword and other collectible memorabilia. I liked this show a lot and still do after all these years. I remember writing and teaching a sermon series for youth group back in the 1990s. I have always been a “BIG” Sci-fi geek and this was always one of those shows that I would say, “What if? What if this was true?”

REFLECTION

This morning as I am drinking my coffee, I am reminded of the scripture found in Revelation 1:6 that says:

“…made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.”

It is true that we are called to be Kings, Priests, Princes of the Lord Jesus Christ, a holy nation (1 Peter 2:9.) We are not immortals like the Highlander show and movies portray and we don’t have to take off someone’s head for us to be the "ONE", but we are eternal beings who will rule and reign with Christ Jesus.

My Thot: today is to realize that we are going to live on once we pass from this world. Yeah, sure we all want to live forever and we will - but it's going to be either with God or without God for eternity. You can decide, you can choose whom you will live for. For your enjoyment, I have a link to “Princes of the Universe” by Queen, who did the theme song to Highlander. Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Café.



Comments