WHOSE IMAGE DO YOU SEE?

In Gen 1:26-27 out of the NLT version it states:

Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.” 27 So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."


I read this verse over and over and then I repeated it audibly about 5 or 6 times. What are you trying to show me Holy Spirit I asked? What is it that I need to learn from this? I settled down to listen and what I got was “Whose image do you see? Do you know whose you are, or do you let the world tell you, direct you, steer you into becoming who you're not meant to be?” Do you let the fitness trends, social media; heck, even the tabloids or fake news tell you who to be?

The first “10M” that is taught in chapter 13 of Dr. Bill Hammond's 3rd Prophetic book, in his series on prophecy is: "God makes the man before manifesting mighty ministry." I have modified this to say, God has to make the Man or Woman first before manifesting the mighty life. Friends, do you know who you are? Do you know Whose Image you’re made after? Are you letting social media and other media platforms form your identity? Think about it! You are an original and not called to be like everyone else. Don’t get wrapped up in pointless trends that will fade away. Be about the long term and not some flash in the pan.

My Thot: today is simply to ask you whose image do you see in the mirror? Do you see the image of a great God working in and through you, or do you see the worldly, destructive influences of life that people are running to? I have inserted a Youtube link to Israel Houghton's song "I Know Who I Am" for your enjoyment. Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.


Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King’s Brew @ the Soul Cafe.

Comments