THOUGHTS FROM THE POOL: Encouraging Words


I enjoy the gym I go to. The gym is equipped not only with free weights, machines, and cardio equipment but the also houses a heated 15-meter lap pool.  While it may not be like the 25- meter pool that I was use to in Glen Burnie, Maryland it gets the job done for my workout needs.

My Secret

I have stated many times before that as I swim I can turn off life's issues and problems. I am able to relax, zone out, think, and pray. I often find this to be very therapeutic, a lot like when I play drums during worship at church. I get in a groove in His presence where nothing around me phases me. I get lost in God’s presence. 

Broken Concentration

The other day as I finished swimming laps and began to do some deep water running, out of the blue, a woman on the other side of the pool got my attention. She said, “I have been watching you and I wanted you to know you are looking great and losing a lot of weight.” “Thank You,” I replied. Then I went on to share with her what my goals are for the next few months before summer time.  She again encouraged me by saying, “You are doing fantastic and it shows. You workout hard and it doesn't go unnoticed.”   

I admit this encouragement made me feel good. It is a great thing to know that my hard work is being noticed. The truth is, I don’t always see it because I look at myself in the mirror every day - sometimes multiple times a day. There is a marvelous feel-good emotion, like a tidal wave, that comes over a person when someone notices.

My Thot: learn the art of encouragement. Be real, not fake, give people compliments from the heart. Everyone needs a bit of encouragement. Trust me, there's enough negative being said every day.  My challenge for you this week is to encourage someone else. You will be encouraged and feel better yourself. Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King’s Brew @ the Soul Cafe.

Comments