REVENGE


I brewed a cup of coffee and watched a rerun episode of “The Big Bang Theory.” It was the episode where Sheldon enters a card role-playing game to confront his arch-enemy Wil Wheaton, who played Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation. Wil Wheaton failed to show up at the '95 Dixie Trek convention in Jackson, Mississippi where Sheldon was waiting for him to sign his action figure. Since Wil did not show up to this event, Sheldon was devastated for years and Wil had been placed on Sheldon’s Enemy List.

It’s hard to believe in this 30-minute show you can learn so much about life, and how people can do really stupid and mean things - or want to do things to one another, like creating a “hate” or “enemy” list because they're seeking revenge for what someone did through past actions. I was reminded of how scripture says we are to live when such actions are done to us! Rom 12:14-19 

“…Ask God to bless everyone who mistreats you. Ask him to bless them and not to curse them. When others are happy, be happy with them, and when they are sad, be sad. Be friendly with everyone. Don't be proud and feel that you are smarter than others. Make friends with ordinary people. Don't mistreat someone who has mistreated you. But try to earn the respect of others, and do your best to live at peace with everyone. Dear friends, don't try to get even. Let God take revenge.”

My Experience

There has been a lot of times where I wanted to go off and slap or cuss a person out in Jesus’ name, and then repent and get right (That’s a Joke people.) I have wanted to see harm done or see someone have bad things happen to them, but I have always been convicted by God because this is not the right attitude or the right way to live. In my past I have been betrayed, hurt, insulted, my character questioned, and I have wanted to kick butt and take names - but then I realized that God will avenge me from the stupid actions of others and things that have befallen me.

Life is too short to seek revenge for the actions of others. I have been wronged and I am sure you have been too. I am going to take scripture’s advice and let God avenge me for the wrongs that others have done to me. I will keep my heart tender towards God and pray for all those who have hurt me. YES, even my own family, friends, coworkers, social media followers and even church members.

My Thot: is to challenge you and myself to love people who’ve hurt, abused or even wronged us and then pray for them, and ask God’s blessings on their life. Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.


Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King’s Brew @ the Soul Café.

Comments