PASSION FOR LIFE


I have never been much of a football fan. I am not a fan of this sport, as some of my friends from Buffalo, NY, Baltimore, MD, or Pittsburg, PA. When I moved back to MD after living in WNY for 5 years, I was asked what team I liked and what colors I wear. Neither! Then when I came to Oklahoma and flew into Dallas/Ft. Worth I was wearing a black Super Bowl Champions Baltimore Ravens T-shirt and a guy at the airport said, “Hey man, you’re lucky! ‘Cause if that was a Washington Redskins T-shirt we would have kicked your butt.” What! I thought to myself, and then I remembered the Dallas Cowboys’ and Washington Redskins’ rivalry. I am a NASCAR fan and I said back to the man, “If it doesn’t go boogity, boogity, boogity from the third week of February to the third week of November I don’t want to hear about it. I am a NASCAR fan.” NASCAR is one of my favorite sports and I would say it has been a strong passion since 1991.

This morning as I was reading “The Gospel According to Starbucks” by Leonard Sweet on my Kindle and I found a great snippet on passion. “Life is meant to be lived with passion, and that passion is found and practiced through experiences, connections, symbols, images and the full participation of every part of your being.”



As Christ followers, we are to live lives full of passion for God. I remember, as a youth, hearing a few Bible-thumping, fire-and-brimstone preachers making statements about how people can cheer passionately at the top of their lungs at a football game on Sunday afternoon but they cannot even get excited or passionate about what God is doing in the midst of His people in a service(s).

My Thot: is simply to be passionate in everything you do, whether it's to draw, sing, write, workout in the gym, swim, lose weight, serve, or speak in church, or just have a cup of coffee with someone. Do all things with passion, and remember that passion and practice makes perfect. Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.

Until Next time grab a FREE Refill of the King’s Brew @ the Soul CafĂ©.

Comments