LIFE BY THE DROP

Growing up in my grandmother’s house was a great thing. She always had a pot of coffee on for my Grandfather or any relatives or visitors that may stop by. For a long time, I remember her buying Maxwell House coffee. I remember the commercials and slogans saying “Good to the Last Drop.” I myself don’t buy or drink Maxwell House or Folgers. I have a Keurig and enjoy my French Vanilla or Blonde roasted coffee in K-cups from Aldi’s. However, I use to purchase Dunkin’ Donuts Original or Kirkland Morning blend coffee at Costco, when I lived in MD. Yum, yum! It makes me want a cup of coffee right now thinking about this.  Anyway, Paul talks about His life as being poured out like a drink offering: 2 Tim. 4: 6-8

“As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God. The time of my death is near. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. 8 And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.”

Flavor Shots Of Truth

Paul shares about his life to Timothy, a young minister, in a personal type letter. It doesn’t matter if you are a minister, educator, doctor, fitness guru, trainer, bodybuilder, competitor, athlete, homebody, churchgoer, social media influencer, etc. The point is as you read these above words take encouragement from them. They are like flavor shots at the cafe. Paul is reflecting on his life as he is near his death. He has been committed and faithful to the process. He has done all and fulfilled his calling or destiny. Now he awaits the reward for his faithfulness.

My Thot: we should live our life as Paul encouraged Timothy to do and be faithful to what God has called us to do in life. It may not be to go overseas as a missionary, nor stand behind the local church pulpit. Heck, it may be to compete in fitness, or lose weight, or be a great spouse. Either way, we should all run the race and be faithful in all we do because we do not labor or serve God in vain. As I have closed every blog post with my tag line of “grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe” may you do just that and live your life by the drop. Comment below don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.

Until Next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Café.

For your enjoyment, I have linked a song by Stevie Ray Vaughan entitled “Life by the Drop” Enjoy the Video.


Comments

Great article and I really like the message in your story--especially--"And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.”

Flavor Shots Of Truth"
Great stuff--cheers.