LIE TO ME

Don’t lie to me! I cannot stand it when people lie and don’t tell the truth. Years ago, one of my favorite shows was "Lie To Me," which aired on the FOX Network on Monday nights @ 9PM. This show was so intense and awesome. In the show, Dr. Cal Lightman (played by Tim Roth) and his colleagues at The Lightman Group accepts assignments from third parties, such as local and federal law enforcement, and assists in investigations by reaching the truth through applied psychology. What is “applied psychology?” It’s interpreting microexpressions, body language, and using the Facial Action Coding System. This morning, I was reflecting on how the enemy lies to us all the time. I was reminded of John 10:10 (NCV) which makes it abundantly clear to me that,

“A thief comes to steal and kill and destroy, but I (Jesus) came to give life—life in all its fullness.”


More than often we are lied to. We are told by society and our culture how to act, how to be, what to wear, what’s hot and what’s not. Even in the fitness industry, we get told what we should eat, how we should train, or what supplements we should take. When the truth of the matter is nobody, except God, has the right to tell us about OUR life - which in Him is A True Life - Because He is Life! I don’t know how you feel, but I know from experience that a partial truth is still a lie. I told my former church congregation in Salisbury, MD one Sunday, as I am telling you now, that if the enemy can use anything to get you to doubt God and forget your first life (Jesus), or to forget the basics of Christianity, then the cracks that form in the foundation of your life can be exploited and turned into footholds that the enemy will use to destroy your life as well as others. It may be relationships with family, friends, work, and YES, even church people as much as I hate to say it. Sometimes I wonder if this is where we get the saying that “the Church is the only place that shoots its own wounded.” If we are not careful we can hurt other people even though we don’t mean to.

My Thot: is don’t let the enemy place doubt in your mind. If you feel weak and helpless, even powerless, today, listen - you’re not alone. The distance from the valley experience to a mountain top experience is 18 inches. In-Other-Words, get on your knees and let God fill you. Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.


Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King’s Brew @ the Soul Café.





















Comments