SOMETHING’S MISSING



The other day I made a statement to my wife about how blues and country music have a lot in common. I said, “If you play them backward you get your wife back, your job back, your dog back, and even that old pickup truck back.” The wife laughed at me and said, “You’re just not right.” I agree I do have a weird sense of humor. After all, have you ever asked yourself why hundreds, if not thousands, of blues and country music songs, seem to talk about having something missing?

I understand why people write these songs. King Solomon, the wisest king who ever lived, also understood that this life is shallow, hollow, and just plain empty without God. The world tells us how to live and what to wear, what to think and how to act, but don’t buy into the lies. If you have a relationship with God, your life has nothing missing. God is our everything and nothing is missing. As I heard the modern theologian Leonard Sweet say in a podcast, “He (Jesus) is our all in all, in all, and through all.” In other words, HE IS OUR EVERYTHING!

My Thot: If you feel like you’ve got something missing in your life, it’s time to check (examine) yourself to see what it may be. Remember, we always go through times of feeling blah, or as my friend Roy Fune` says, “Even my blues has got the blues.” These feelings and seasons are a part of our life but, regardless, we have nothing truly missing in God. Here is a link to Something Missing, performed by John Mayer, enjoy and know nothing is missing. Comment below and don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Café.


Comments