FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED


“Just finish what you started...Trust the process...Trust your equipment” or “Trust what God has started in you” can be hard to hear or keep in mind when going through this journey. Especially when different issues, circumstances, or fears also require you to trust a lot of people, places, and things.  

My Experience

While swimming in the pool a few years ago, I remember a newbie water aerobics classmate swimming over to me and talking about the deep water running and other deep water aerobics I did during our break between classes. She stated how she originally started with general water aerobics and had seen herself advance with great success, but was nervous and downright fearful of the deep water. She wanted to continue to go deeper in her weight loss journey and wanted to progress to deep water aerobics, but was fearful of going that deep in the water. I encouraged her that she had been so faithful to her goals and workouts that learning to overcome the fear of the deep water would come through learning to trust. I told her, “Trust yourself, your equipment, and ultimately - God.” He would not have brought her as far in her journey as He did just to abandon her. 

God Will Finish What He Starts

A person needs to grasp the revelation that God is not going to abandon them. He would not bring you out of a bad place (Egyptian bondage just to have you die in the wilderness. Ex 14:12) just to leave you and abandon you to figure things out on your own. Philippians 1:6 states it best where Paul writes:

“There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would not keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish...”

When I was swimming one summer, in my home pool, I questioned God and said: “How can I trust you?” Then, I heard in my spirit, as clearly as a song would play on my radio: WHY DO YOU TRUST YOUR MOM? As I gasped, I said, “Uh, um... because she has never failed me. She’s always been there for me when I needed her. She spends time with me and I sp..en..d time with her.”  

The Answer

The answer was that God produces Trust in a person because they spend time with Him and He spends time with them. Just like my mom has never let me down and has never not been there for me, so too, God has never abandoned me. He has always been there with me. He has always been working on my behalf. “TRUE TRUST” is established when you spend time with each other. 

My Thot: You can always trust that God will finish what He started in You. You may give up on yourself but He won’t. He works on your behalf. He is daily working behind the scenes to build “TRUE TRUST” in You. He will not leave you nor abandon you. Trust me, I am living proof. Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox. 

Until next time grabs a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe. 











t

Comments