CHOCOLATE BANANA PROTEIN MUFFINS


Regardless of what season we are in, I enjoy muffins. I like muffins in all sorts of flavors. The problem is that regular muffins are way too high in calories and carbohydrates for me. Don’t get me wrong, I know balance is key to eating these type of foods, but I still want more protein than the normal recipe calls for.

I experimented with a three ingredient muffin recipe that I found on the web a few years back. I added 2 scoops of protein powder to the mixture and it worked great. I thought it might be too dry, not moist enough; but, I was so happy after mixing up the ingredients and preparing the jumbo muffins in the tin, and baking them. These delicious muffin cakes were worth the effort when I was able to eat of their yummy, yummy, goodness. I admit it, I was like a little kid waiting for them to come out of the oven. The result was amazing. The muffins popped out of the tin with no effort. They were moist and ready to be eaten with some spreadable butter and a cold glass of milk.


I like trying new things, especially when it comes to making desserts or something that gives me carbs, good amounts of protein, and touches that part of me that has a sweet tooth. Comment below and let me know what has worked for you in making recipes as a dessert or meal replacement. SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox. 

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.


Recipe Ingredients:

  1. Cake Mix
  2. Scoops of Chocolate Protein Powder
  3. Whole Eggs
  4. Ripe Bananas

(Optional: Nuts, Baking Morsels) 

Instructions:

  • Place bananas in a bowl and mash.
     
  • Add all other ingredients.

  • Mix until combined.
     
  • Pour mixed batter into greased jumbo muffin pan or use *lined baking cups in a regular sized cupcake pan.
     
  • Bake in a preheated oven at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool before serving.

*cupcake liners






Comments