WHAT MOTIVATES ME



People ask me all types of questions but one that’s asked the most is, “How do you stay so motivated?’ They see me being diligent to get up and head to swim or lift weights, on a daily basis. They see me with a shaker bottle of water everywhere I go. They see my consistency. Now, while I would love to tell you I have perfect nutrition and that my workouts are flawless, and I would love to tell you I never get tired of working out, I can't - because this would be a lie. I don’t have perfect nutrition but, YES, it’s better than it was six years ago. My workouts are not always flawlessly executed, meaning I don’t always giving 110%. Trust me there are days I battle the blankets and want to hit the snooze button on the alarm and sleep in also.

So... What Keeps Me Motivated

What keeps me motivated is the fact that I look in the mirror just about everyday and ask myself “Why are you doing this?” Because, I want to LIVE! This has become two fold for me.

A Desire for Life

I want to live. I lost everything that is near and dear to my heart. I lost my wife, family, friends, job, resigned my church to save my marriage and that didn’t help, and I lost my health. I hit rock bottom and had nothing left to live for. Then one day as I read John 5:1-9, in verse 6 I saw Jesus ask a man “Do you want to be made well?” I identified with this and shouted, “DUH! I not only want to be made well, I want to live!” That began my transformation on January 5, 2012.

A Desire To Help Others

I want to help others live too. I want people to be radically changed, transformed, and made whole physically, spiritually, mentally, & emotionally, as I have been. I want people to know the freedom and liberty that comes from surrendering all they are to God. It’s like the story in the Gospels of the little boy’s lunch. He only had 5 small loaves of bread (dinner roll size) and 2 fishes, but Jesus used the little lunch and multiplied it to feed a huge crowd of people. If He can use this small lunch and change it to feed a multitude of people, WOW, think what He can do with my life to help others.

My Thot: is the things that motivate me to want to live is what I want to do for others as well. I want to show others how God can take their surrendered lives and transform them as He has mine. As He continues to make me a trophy of His amazing grace, it’s my conviction that He wants to motivate, change, transform, and make people whole.  Comment below and SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.

Comments