DIET VS LIVE-IT

Diets don’t work! Research shows that 3 out of 4 diets fail because they were never meant to be used for long periods of time. I have tried many different diets over the years, but the funniest one was my mom’s egg salad diet. Every day I got egg salad in my lunch – egg salad on bread or egg salad with Melba toast crackers to scoop it onto. I would open my lunch bag in school each day hoping for a PBJ (peanut-butter and jelly sandwich), only to find my hopes dashed! Needless to say, no weight loss – just scarring for life (just kidding)!

No, I Am Not On A Diet. I Am On A LIVE-IT

So, am I on a diet? My answer is a resounding NO! I am not on a diet; I’m on a Live-it. A diet means to die to something. I am on a live-it and I choose to live my life by eating normal foods, normal portion sizes. I do not buy sugar free, fat free, or gluten free products. I want normal foods as a part of my life. I don’t buy only organic or natural foods either. However, I DO stay away from processed food as much as I can (foods with processed sugar or high fructose corn syrup). I would love to tell you that my nutrition is spot-on. It’s not, but it continues to get better and better all the time. Part of my Live-it is to plan what I’m eating and track my food and my nutrition to make sure that I am eating a well-rounded variety of foods and meeting the nutritional (Macro) needs of my body.

Diet Craze Revolution “FAIL”

I do try to eat good foods, but I am not a slave to the diet craze revolution that says all carbs are bad or too much protein is not good for you, or that having a coffee everyday is bad, or that you must cut out all sugars and fats from your nutrition. Let’s face it, if you cut out all sugar and fat from your nutrition your body will crave it, and you will probably binge because your body needs a certain amount of sugar and fat everyday to work and function normally.

My Thot: diets don’t work. Get a good nutrition plan that is flexible and offers you a variety of foods, and then be willing to track what you eat. Do not be a slave to the Diet Craze Revolution. Eat smart: Eat to live, don't live to eat! Stay Encouraged, You/Me/We can do this. Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.


Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.






Comments