MEMORIAL STONES




Memorial Stones

Memorial Stones were set up and used as a visual reminder for the children of Israel and their descendants, a reminder of God's faithfulness in delivering His people out of Egyptian bondage (slavery) and into their inherited promise land. See Joshua 4:8

“...Joshua commanded and took up twelve stones out of the midst of the Jordan, according to the number of the tribes of the people of Israel, just as the Lord told Joshua. And they carried them over with them to the place where they lodged and laid them down there.”

Just as the children of Israel set up memorial stones as their reminder of the deliverance of being set free from their past, we also should have a visual reminder set up. A memorial stone can be anything from a pair of clothes you wore at your heaviest to a video of yourself before the journey begin. Heck, it could be as simple as progress pictures. I know I have all three for my visual reminders. I like to remind myself that I am never going back to that old way of life. That o’l fatman is dead and gone and I have vowed to never resurrect him or that old way of life.

Make A Memorial

When I started my journey a number of years ago, I recorded a video of myself telling myself to keep moving forward when times get hard or I plateau. For me, it was awkward to record myself. I had to make sure I knew what I wanted to say. I even wrote out my encouraging words on paper about not coming back to this waste place of life. Honestly, it was the most difficult thing I have ever done. I had multiple takes. I would mess up and get frustrated. I even quit for the day and came back the next day and tried again. I got it done, but it wasn't polished or pretty by any means. After losing 200 lbs of the 255, I watched my recording and cried. I was proud of how far I’d come. The beginning was hard and the end was in sight, but I was still in the middle which is the toughest part and where many lose heart and give up. I was glad I made the video because it was the perfect shot in the arm to keep me movin’ and a’groovin.



My Thot: it doesn’t matter if you make a video, keep clothes, or keep comparison pics. Heck, you could even keep a journal of what you learn, deal with, or struggle with because ALL these tools will help you along the way. Comment below and SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King’s Brew @ the Soul Cafe

Comments