HOW’S YOUR METER?



HOW'S YOUR METER PETER OR SHOULD I SAY PAUL?

I like to laugh at this question. It just sounds funny to me, but in reality I am talking about our faith meter. It is an internal meter we all have. God has given us ALL a measure, or fuel, tank (a.k.a. our heart) that is to hold this faith and YES, it should be full of faith. It is up to us to keep it replenished through the Word, prayer, fasting, fellowship, and serving. I understand this can be difficult and problematic since life happens. We get bogged down with problems, issues, and other things that make life and our faith seem to weaken, wane, and even feel low. As I sip on coffee this morning, I am reminded once again of how Paul tells us to stir up the gift inside of us. 2 Timothy 1:6:

"Therefore I remind you that you stir up the gift of God, 
which is in you by the laying on of my hands."

You could say, stir up your faith through prayer. I am not talking about the Gift of Faith where it’s like God unscrews your head and pours out all your doubt and disbelief and then takes His jug marked “God-Faith” off the shelf and replaces, or refills you with His supernatural faith. Don’t get me wrong, there is a place for this and many of us have tapped or began to flow in this gift and probably didn’t even know it. However, I am talking about simple faith where you believe God's Word. You don’t let the problems of life sweat you because you know that God is in control and He is still sitting on His throne.

My Thot: for today is that if your faith meter is reading low or empty, it’s not too late to be refilled. Go for it! Ask God to refill you, to fill up this faith tank within you, He Will! Ask and believe and you will receive. Leave a comment below and don’t forget to subscribe to receive blog updates in your inbox.

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.


 

Comments