HOLY WATER RETENTION MATTMAN


HOLY WATER RETENTION MATTMAN!” In my mind, I can hear Burt Ward from the 1960’s Batman TV series saying this line every time I step out of a plane. When you travel by plane, it's normal for your body to hold or retain water (fluid). It can be very uncomfortable when you land because the fluid doesn't seem to distribute evenly throughout your body. I know from multiple trips that this is the case. With me, the fluid tends to linger in my lower belly area around my upper thighs, so I dislike this. It's uncomfortable and makes normal physical activity a chore. I have tried to be fully hydrated before, during, & after each flight. However, each attempt to minimize my discomfort has failed.

During my times of air travel, I have attempted to fly with minimum amounts of fluid in my system. One time, I started my day with only 2 cups of water. On the plane, I sipped on a 20 oz.bottle of water for the duration of the flight. I hoped by flying dehydrated or semi-depleted I wouldn't experience this normal fluid retention. If I was going to have retention, my plan was to drink plenty of water that evening, along with eating a banana, & possibly walking for 30 minutes.



OFF THE PLANE

Finally on the ground, as I was making my way to the pick up area, I started to evaluate the fluid retention. Honestly, I didn't seem to notice much. Dehydrated yes, and ready to refuel my body, but it was not until later that evening that I began to notice any retention and bloating in my lower areas.

My Thot: I would say this was a success. However, I have come to the conclusion that there will always be fluid retention of some type with air travel because the passenger compartment is pressured. Whether hydrated or depleted, fluid tends to always redistribute in the lower half of the body. Comment below let me know what your experience with fluid retention has been after air travel. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE if you would like to receive blog updates in your inbox.


Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.







Comments