FAVORITE BODY PART TO TRAIN


What's your favorite body part to train? 

For me, it use to be my legs, but now it’s my back. I have a better than average back. Yet, I've noticed over the years, my excess weight, fat, and now skin pulls me forward. The pulling puts strain on my lower back. I've lost so much weight that my lower back tends to hurt more. This has been a definite source of weakness and fatigue. I like to train my back - I mean, I am a pile of sweat and I feel the pump in my back when I work out, not to mention the awesome feeling I get during and after. It's only when I drive home or sit on my couch for any time afterwards that I begin to stiffen up with muscle soreness; but, after a day or so I feel good. Even better news is that I've noticed the weight I can handle on the equipment and machines have increased by 15-20 lbs. in the past 4 months.

The main thing about any lifting is form over weight. The weight will increase over time, but it's more important to learn proper form by knowing how to squeeze and contract the targeted muscle group. The mind to muscle connection is critical for overall growth and development. The main problem I can see with back training (well it can't actually be seen) is that you cannot see your back with your eyes, you can only feel it. This is why a lot of people don't train their back, or at least they don't train it hard. I am in a different category because I need my back strong because of the excess skin. Again, since I was so overweight my extra skin pulls me forward and my posture suffers from it unless I work against it, so I have to keep my back strong.

Training my back and making it as strong as possible is my goal. Sure, legs are awesome to train but my back is what I enjoy training most. As I continue to train my back it gets stronger, the fat leaves and my excess skin is tightening. I look and feel better.

My Thot: is to challenge you to ask yourself the following questions. What is your favorite body part to train? How does it make you feel and have you noticed a difference? Leave a comment below and don’t forget to subscribe to receive blog updates in your inbox. 

Until next time, grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe

*Not My Back Pictured

Comments