DO OVER: NO ALIBIS




How many times do you wish for a do-over or a magic wand to wave so “POOF” all of life’s problems, situations, or hurts will disappear? According to "about.com" the definition of “No Alibis” is a game of do-overs, or mulligans that can be used from any point on the course. In a game of “No Alibis” in the game of Golf, handicaps are converted into free shots that are used during a round.

As a Christ follower, I am glad that the Lord has helped me redeem the times that I had thought was destroyed, or lost by sin. Sins that I have committed and those committed against me. Whether it was the loss of my ex-spouse, family, friends, job, ministry, or health He has let me have do-overs, mulligans. He rebuilt my life. God gave me a NEW life with none of the OLD junk in it. In Matthew 18:21, 22 (NLT), Peter asks the Lord,

“… Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?” 22 “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!

In other words, forgive as many times as needed to forgive someone or yourself. It’s hard to forgive someone who has hurt or abused you. It’s very hard and almost impossible to have a do-over, a no alibis, and I do understand this! My intentions in writing this post are not to open old wounds or to have you, the reader, upset with me. My intention is to see healing break forth in your life. A friend told me years ago that there's two choices in this life. He said, “I can get bitter or I can get better.” I am telling you God is in the restoration business and He will take the broken, mangled mess you think your life is in and redeem it for His good.

My Thot today is: never give up on God. He has never given up on you. Instead of staying bitter and harboring anger, I say first scream at the top of your lungs…trust me it will feel good. Second, ask God to help you muster the strength and courage to let hurts, go. Remember we serve the God of the impossible. He takes those things that look impossible to us and makes them possible through Him. Try Him today, He won’t fail you… He will give you the do-over that is needed and set you free. Comment below and SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.

Until Next time grab a FREE Refill of the King’s Brew @ the Soul Café.


Comments