BEATING THE CRAVINGS


The Munchkins Are Calling Out To Me


I stated in my last blog how I have on several occasions craved “Dunkin Donuts Munchkins” (donut holes). I use to leave my house and drive to the local Dunkin Donuts to buy these little round donut balls of goodness. I argued with myself time and time again that I wanted them, but I didn’t need them. It was like the old cartoons with the devil on a shoulder and the angel on the other. I would get to the parking lot and pass through it and drive home telling myself that I am going to say no now, so I can say yes later. My goals of making a certain weight and having skin removal was and is more important to me than indulging my cravings.

Cravings Suck

Let’s face it, cravings suck! I have had so many cravings over the years. I told myself in 2012 that if I can’t lose weight by eating normal foods and portions then I want nothing to do with this health journey. I’ve noticed that when cravings come it’s because I either haven’t had enough water, haven't eaten a balanced meal, or I am just bored. I use to get up, go to the kitchen, and hold the refrigerator door open or look in every cabinet trying to find a “fix” for my craving. This was just a clear sign that I was bored out of my gourd. The best way for me to get rid of cravings was (and is) to pray, drink more water, read the Bible, a book, a magazine, draw, check YouTube, look at my social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or listen to music. Often times, I have cranked up Pandora in the studio, office, living room, or in the car.

My Thot: is if you are dealing with cravings, do whatever you have to do to get your mind off the food you’re craving. If you've pushed the craving away for 7 days and you still have it go ahead and fulfill your craving, but remember to get right back on track afterwards. Make the next snack or meal a better choice. Comment below and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox.


Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.


Comments