ACCEPT IT OR REJECT IT




As a former pastor of a church and now a life and health minister I understand the need to evaluate what works and what doesn't work. If it was a program or process that wasn’t giving the desired results after three to six months, it was evaluated, analyzed, and either re-tweaked, kept, or trashed. I have never been afraid to try something different, even though change was often super hard for my little church to get behind.

Using My Gift

Evaluating or Analyzing the process of things has always been a part of my life - whether it's seeing how a church or company is being run or if the people or employees are getting the overall vision, mission, purpose, and how it's being effectively communicated to a certain target audience. I am very grateful that since my life was radically changed, transformed, and made whole again in 2012 that I am able to use this gift of administration and evaluation to apply it to my life and health journey. I do this with everything from what I eat, it's timing and effect on my body. Does it give me the most bang for my buck or am I just spinning my wheels using the knowledge of others that has no real practical application? Even when swimming or using different equipment at the gym, I am always in an evaluation mode. I am always looking to find and use the best-of-the-best methods or information. I like to think outside the box. I am not a theory type guy. I never read books or articles about theories from theorists. I am a practical application guy. I am always looking for the people and resources of those who are actually doing what others are just thinking about doing. I am always asking the BIG question: SO WHAT? NOW WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS INFORMATION?


A Way Of Life For Me

I am always thinking of every aspect of my journey. Some say I am overthinking things, but in reality I want to be the best Me I can be. I owe it to God and my family to not just be laid back and hope for the best. NO! I refuse to just go with the standard flow of what the fitness industry says. God has blessed me with a unique gift of administration and evaluation. I have found that this gifting is being used by Him in every aspect of my life, not just in the church world. It may be strange to some people that I evaluate everything I do with my life and health journey, but I found that I need to be this way. I need to be very protective of my journey, my food intake, my exercise, but the truth is no one is going to hold your hand and do this for you. You have to make this a way of life for you. Comment below and SUBSCRIBE to receive blog updates in your inbox. 

My Thot: It’s OK to try and fail as long as you get back up, shake yourself off and keep moving forward.


Until then grab a FREE REFILL of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.

Comments