WAITING FOR PERFECT CONDITIONS




There has been so many times I’ve started and stopped my weight loss journey over the years. I always came up with an excuse. I would start off strong and then after a few weeks, the pressures of life and the mundane prepping of all my meals would get to me. I wanted things easy, sustainable, balanced, but never could achieve it. I always seemed to want pizza and other high carb treats. Then after over indulging on a week day I would say, “Well, I better wait until Monday or next month. After all it will be a fresh start, another new beginning with perfect conditions.” So I would wait.

You may remember seeing TV commercials or hearing ads on the radio with announcements: Don’t Wait, Do it now, Act now, Do it today.These phrases are specifically chosen to spark a sense of urgency in the consumer. While these lines work well when selling products and goods, sometimes we tend to forget that Scripture is our best inspirer and motivator - not for feeble things that will rust and decay, but for things that are life long and eternal. Ecclesiastes 11:4 states...

“He who observes the wind will not sow, And he who regards the clouds will not reap.”

In other words, if you’re waiting for perfect conditions before you begin a journey then you will never start. Man-o-man, I am living proof of this. I have failed time and time again. The point I am making is that just because you failed today doesn’t mean you give up and wait until perfect conditions are in your favor. You get up, dust yourself off, and keep going. So what if you blew your nutrition plan today with those extra servings of bread-sticks from Olive Garden. Make your next snack or meal a better choice. Keep going, keep moving forward. If you don't give up, the journey will get easier and you will become more balanced as you become more educated with fitness, nutrition, and spiritual knowledge.

My Thot: don’t wait for perfect conditions to start over. Pray, surrender, stop making excuses, find a nutrition and fitness plan that will work for you. There are tons of nutrition and fitness plans and helpful tools for you to use. Many are free and don’t cost you anything! Research and find one that’s right for you.

Comment below and feel free to share this blog with your friends. As always, SUBSCRIBE to get blog updates in your inbox.


Until next time, grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.



Comments