THE PORCH


Back in 2012, I started a “New Journey,” a “New Beginning.” I began concentrating on my personal health in the physical, spiritual, emotional, and financial areas. I remember many days coming home from water aerobics and lap swimming, or lifting weights to go sit on the front porch and drink a cup of coffee. During this time, I liked to read, pray, and reflect on my life and health. Recently, I was thinking about that wonderful covered porch and the awesome benefits it provided. I want to share a few of these insights with you, the reader.

The Porch and the life lessons I have learned while sitting under its covering are nothing new, but the covering of the porch is a good reminder of what it is like to be in the shadow of the Almighty, under His wing, or under the arm of God. First, even though it may have been hot outside, there was always ample amounts of shade to keep cool under the porch canopy. Second, the porch always provided a place of protection from bullies. No matter how many neighborhood bullies would come to pick on my friends and I, out on the street corner when I was a teenager, we could always run to the porch for protection. Third, just like number two, the porch was always a place of security. Again against bullies, or strangers I didn’t  know. Finally, I always think of the porch as a great place that provided shelter in the most terrifying of storms, whether thunder and lightning, hail, or even snow. The porch was always a great place that brought my friends, family, and me great comfort, joy, peace, safety, and hope.

My Thot for today is: If you have a porch, take the time to enjoy it and let it be a sweet remembrance to you of how the Heavenly Father covers us, shadows us, and provides protection and safety. So, come pull up a comfy chair, grab a coffee, and join me on the porch. 

Comment below and, as always, don’t forget to subscribe to receive blog updates in your inbox. 

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.





Comments