THE END IS WHERE WE BEGIN



"What We Do Today Affects
Our Tomorrow."
- Unknown

We must keep the end goal in sight as we travel this road in our journey to life and health. If you were to tell me years ago what my life would look like today, I would have laughed because I didn't see any hope or future for myself. I was 625 pounds, depressed, broken, and burnt out with life since losing wife, family, friends, job, church, and my health - all due to my obesity and my priorities being wrong.

Not too long ago, I had a night of multiple recurring dreams that kept showing future events and all that was done before leading up to those events. I love when God gives glimpses into our futures. It’s like a Polaroid camera snapshot. We can take those things we see and hold on to them, and bring them back to the here and now. We can hold on to and cling to those things in times of doubt, disbelief, hard-times, or difficult life circumstances.


As I've stated time and again, there are three parts to every journey, and the middle is the hardest part; but if we are diligent to keep the END IN MIND as we push, move forward, and grind daily, we know that we will get to the finish line. The key to the journey is consistency and faithfulness, all in one dose.

My Thot: is to challenge you to reflect on your journey and catch a glimpse of the future - the place you’re headed, and hold that picture in your mind and heart. Don’t let it go, but also don’t be so consumed with the future that you miss all the wonderful experiences that the journey brings. Comment below and tell me about your glimpse and subscribe to get blog updates in your inbox.

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew at the Soul Cafe.


Comments