CHEESEBURGER DOGS


I wanted to cook something special for my family that they had never had or heard of before. I wanted to make cheeseburger hot-dogs. Really, this idea came out of necessity. I forgot to buy hamburger rolls when I went grocery shopping. Ooops! So, I used what was already in the kitchen to make dinner. I had a pepper jack cheese block left over from a cookout. I added beef, and POOF, I had cheeseburger hot-dogs! Thinking back, I could have added bacon to these heavenly, grilled cheeseburger dogs.

The recipe below makes 4 cheeseburger dogs. But if you feed a family of five, like mine which consists of my wife and I, plus our three teenage boys, trust me when I tell you that you will need at least 2 ½ lbs of beef. That will make 10 dogs, enough for 5 people.

I took each pound of beef and cut it into quarter size portions. Then I flattened out each portion of beef and added a slice of cheese (about ¼” wide and just less than bun length) in the middle of each portion. Using my fingers, I formed the dogs around the cheese. Once they were in hot-dog form, I cooked them on the grill (med-well to well done). I put them on a plate and shouted, “Come and get it!” The family added condiments to their cheeseburger dogs the way they wanted, and enjoyed the goodness!

My Thot: is that I hope this little recipe and story inspires you to try NEW things and reminds you not to be afraid to improvise. Leave a comment below. Don’t forget to subscribe for blog updates in your inbox.

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King’s Brew @ the Soul Cafe.

Recipe Ingredients

1 lb ground beef
1 block of cheese (any kind)
Pack of hot-dog rolls

*Above BEEF ingredient is enough to make 4 cheeseburger dogs. Double if needed

Comments