APPLE PIE ENCHILADAS



During the summer, I wanted some apple pie but I didn’t want a whole pie or all the extra calories. So, I decided to come up with these simple “Apple-Pie Enchiladas.” I wanted to enjoy the airy, jovial freshness of the fall months. I wanted the cinnamon and the Granny Smith apples with the buttery crust, yet with no more than a handful of ingredients and not many added calories.

My Apple-Pie Enchiladas consisted of 1 can apple pie filling, 10-20 flour tortillas, and a sprinkling of cinnamon on each. I filled each tortilla shell with a forkful of apple pie filling. Then I added a sprinkling of cinnamon and rolled up each “enchilada" with the ends folded in. I placed them in a sprayed 9" X 13" glass pan and baked them at 350° for 11-15 minutes. Finally, I allowed them to cool. They are great, especially when topped with cool-whip or vanilla ice-cream.

My Thot: If you are looking for a quick, enjoyable, tasty dessert that takes little prep time and about 11-15 minutes cooking time in the oven, then these apple pie enchiladas are for you. Give them a try or experiment with them as you see fit. Leave a comment below and let me know what you did. Let me know how you improved them, if you did. Don’t forget to subscribe for blog updates in your inbox.


Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the King's Brew @ the Soul Cafe.



Recipe Ingredients
1 Can Apple Pie Filling
1 Pack of Small 6” Tortillas (Flour or Wheat)
Ground Cinnamon (Sprinkle as little or as much as you want)

Assemble as described above.
Bake at 350° for 11-15 minutes.


Comments