I HAVE A LIFE LIST


Forget a bucket list of things you want to do or accomplish before you die. Don't get me wrong, it's a good movie - a great movie! It has a great message, but I say, “No!!” I say “No" to having a bucket list and "Yes” to a LIFE list because I want to focus on the new life I've experienced since January 5, 2012, when Jesus touched my life and brought change, transformation, and NEW Life. Jesus said,


“I am the way, the truth and the life” 
John 14:6

I recently had this discussion with a friend about my new life: I want to do things. I want my life to be active, full, vibrant, and meaningful with no regrets. I want to experience life, new things, and go on adventures. I mean, why not!? Don't I deserve a life, a full life, with endless possibilities? After all, Christ died so I could have life.


When I was super morbidly obese, I never wanted to do anything that required physical activity. After all, moving a 625 pound man took way too much energy. I could barely walk to begin with, always gasping for breath and never feeling like I could get a full breath. My quality of life stunk compared to what I have now. I found that any physical movement, even the everyday mundane was not very enjoyable. For example, it use to only take me seven minutes to get ready in the morning. I don’t mean dressed, I mean showered, shaved, hair done, cologne, and underarm deodorant on, ready to get dressed. Then, as my health got extremely bad, I noticed it took longer and longer to wash dishes, make food, clean house, use stairs, drive a car, and spend time with loved ones. Heck, even ministering required me to sit on a chair and use a music stand as a makeshift pulpit - all because it took too much energy and strength to stand. All the everyday tasks and enjoyments that normal sized people do required way too much of me physically. It was not only hurting me but everything and everyone I held near and dear to my heart.


If I said it once I’ll say it again, it took losing everything I cared for, my wife, family, friends, job, ministry, and my health - to the point of dying inside, broken, hurt, and confused before I was willing to surrender everything to God. I shouted out loud, “I can't do this anymore! My life is a mess! I am in ruins and I don't know what to do!” Some would say I had hit the bottom of the barrel or I was in the pit of life, but in that moment of desperation I called out to God to Help me and He did. Now, I have a new life. All the things I had lost due to the enemy of my soul and my former obesity are back, but they are NEW. Nothing is from my former, past life.


My Thot: You too, don’t need a bucket list of things to do before you die. I challenge you to start today - write a LIFE list and move forward in accomplishing those things with this NEW LIFE that you have. Comment below and share with me your LIFE list.

Until next time grab a FREE Refill of the Kings Brew @ the Soul Cafe.



Comments