I AM COMPLETE


One of the many arguments that has been going on in our society is that men are incomplete and need to be fixed. You can see this everyday on TV, where the father or the man figure is made to feel inferior to the woman in his life. Men are portrayed as stupid, idiots, incompetent, and the underdogs in life by women. I would say there is a small (very small) amount of truth to this. Let’s face it, many guys have never been properly brought up to do personal finances, household chores, or even basic cooking techniques… but does this make them not complete or stupid? NO!

When I was 11 years old, my father passed away at the age of 40. This rocked my life and turned it upside down. I was left on this earth to be raised by my mom along with my sister. The scripture that God is a Father to the fatherless became my anthem in life. He really was there for me in every area. God had put other men in my life to be the example to me in all matters, not just things of spiritual significance. Did I learn how to do personal finances through these men, or learn how to cook, or even how to do household chores? NOPE! I learned them over time through life experiences, whether it was in college or a failed marriage.



I share this open conversation with you over coffee this morning because I have come to the revelation that there is always room for personal improvement, but I also am a complete person, a complete man. My validation in this life does not have to come from others, but from God. This is a lesson that every person, man or woman, has to learn for themselves. I like what scripture says in Colossians 2:8-10 (NLT)

"Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. 9 For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority."

Bottom Line: Completeness is in every area of life: physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. We have been created with everything we need in this life. Yes, personal improvement is helpful to be a better member of society, but in Christ you must realize He has given you everything. YOU ARE COMPLETE!

Until next time grab a FREE REFILL of the Kings Brew @ the Soul Cafe.

Comments